Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun, but dangerous...

A little bit about me: I'm a good old Canadian boy from a small town in BC. I'm 21 years old and am currently finishing up my 2nd year at Thompson Rivers University. I grew up playin baseball and hockey (duh, I'm Canadian), but have now shifted my athletic pursuits towards brazilian jiu-jitsu. I started training that last april, and have been hooked ever since.

As many people in today's society, my main use for the internet these past few years has been for entertainment. But that is about to change.

I have been on facebook for about 4 years now, but have just recently joined twitter, and have now started to blog. The reason i have started with these last two is to keep my mind in the game so to speak. The internet is an AMAZING tool if used properly, and i want in.

Fun, but dangerous is watching quietly as the world goes on around us. The most important right a person has in this world, is the right to question: whether at work, at home, school, or in legal/politcal matters. The worst reason to do something, is "just because"... It is important to know why the rules that are in place, are in place. So many rules in our society were created decades or centuries ago, and despite being extremely outdated, we continue to follow them because no one has questioned why they still exist. The most important changes in our world have come from people straying from this pattern, asking "why should I?"

This blog will be all over the map. Some posts will be purely comical, some will be controversial, and some will be riddled with outlandish conspiracy. But all of them will make you think. Through comedy, controversy, and conspiracy I will challenge you to question the very beliefs and values by which you live your lives.

Naive i am not, so i realize that most people will never come close to reading any of my blogs, but I know that a few of you will. and i hope that you get offended by or laugh at what i have to say and that gets you talking to your friends about it. and who knows, maybe one of those branches on the grapevine will one day be in a position to do something about it.

To the few of you who read this, continue to follow my blog and discuss it with friends/family/co-workers, i want to thank you. My hope is not to change the world, my hope is to improve the world. and i believe that collectively we can. And hey, let's have a little fun along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment